Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A New "Project"

Sorry I have been MIA for a while - but I promise it is for a good reason. As I have mentioned many times before, my grandmother, Anne Robinson, was a huge influence in my life. She could always be found with knitting needles in her hands and a smile on her face. It has been four years since she passed away from her battle with Lymphoma but I still think about her every day.

I am training for a half marathon this April 27th and raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign. These 13.1 miles, in her memory, will commemorate a huge accomplishment for me and will greatly enhance the abilities of LLS.
  
Please take a moment to visit my page. I am chronicling my training program and will also share stories I hear along the way. While you are there, please take a minute to make a quick and secure online donation toward my efforts. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.
  
  http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nj14/jpalmedo

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.  I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

Additionally, I am happy to include the name of any family, friend, or loved one on my singlet on race day in their honor or memory at your request.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment