Friday, January 24, 2014

Let's Talk About Lectures

Today I wanted to take a minute and discuss the Vogue Knitting Live NYC 2014 lectures. I took three lectures - 10 Tips for Fabulous Photography, Pattern Stitch Development and Design Possibilities, and Creativity.

One thing I thought that was very neat this year was the multitude of lecture offerings. Vogue Knitting has done a great job really expanding on the lectures. I also liked the varying time offerings for lectures as well. It made it easier than running from class to lecture and back to class.

To be honest, I really want to talk about Sally Melville's Creativity lecture. It was FABULOUS! What an amazing combination of science and knitting! I loved how Sally really talked about the creative process - and not just from a neurological point, but also from a point that any "normal" person (and I would consider myself pretty novice in terms of biology and the brain) could understand. I was completely enraptured with her lecture and stories. I would love to see more lecture offerings that are dual focused like this one was with science and knitting!

My other two lectures were alright. I don't have anything in particular to say about them. To be honest, when I purchased the large package for the weekend I had a hard time finding 3 lectures I really wanted to take. Besides Sally's, nothing else really jumped out. I wish that Vogue Knitting would give you some a la carte options with the packages.

Did you find any lecture particularly interesting (or perhaps the complete opposite)? Share your thoughts!

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment