Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Missing.....

My grandmother passed away last November. After losing a very long battle with cancer, I was happy to know she was no longer in pain. However, I find myself thinking of her every time I pick up a pair of knitting needles.

My grandmother was an amazing knitter. Not only that, she was an amazing teacher. My mother was lucky enough to pick up many of these great traits - something I hope that someone will say about me someday.

Anyways, lately every time I pick up a pair of knitting needles I find myself calmed and relieved. I feel supported. While she may be gone, I know that she is still with me.

In her honor, I am today wearing my Green Irish Jacket along with knitted wool scarf and wool socks. My grandmother would have celebrated another birthday this week had she been alive. She may not be able to be here with my physically, but Gram would be happy to know I have shared a bit of her with the Big City...

Until Next Time...
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment