Monday, April 18, 2011

Mission Accomplished

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

If you cannot tell by my caps, I am pretty psyched this morning. Randy was away all weekend, and while I missed him terribly I was able to finally finish up several of those pesky UFOs lying around the house. I have to say I am feeling quite accomplished this fine Monday.

I was very excited to finish up a car seat blanket I had been knitting for Baby Caileigh. I felt bad that I had never completed the matching blanket for the hat/sweater combo I knit her last Christmas, so this kind of makes up for it.

Speaking of that pesky blanket I never finished, I made MAJOR progress on that baby. 16" down - 6" to go! Then just some borders and I will have a beautiful pink blanket for the next girl baby that comes along (hopefully that wont be too soon - I can store things!).

I also got moving more on the toddler boy's sweater I am making for Randy's cousins family. SO CLOSE! Just need to pick up the sleeves and I am on my way! I am very excited because I finally got to try out the kitchener stitch on this project as I worked on sewing up some of the odds and ends. Wow, I really am impressing myself. Kitchener stitch is pretty!

I have to say, I am feeling like there is nothing I cannot do. I hope that I can inspire some of you to pick up some long forgotten project and get moving.

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment