Thursday, April 14, 2011

Time to Rotate

Yesterday our office was invigorated with enthusiasm for today's weather - sunny and 60 degrees! What a thought in April! With all the cold and rain and snow NYC has experienced this winter and "spring," many of us have felt down and out. But now that the weather is starting to turn in our favor, Jen brought up a great point - What do we now do with all those fabulous projects you started early last fall for "winter gear" that, now, in April, only consist of a sleeve?

With each passing season so too passes our inspiration to finish certain projects. It's hard to pick up and start a bulky winter sweater in July when just holding the dang thing makes you sweat. But realistically, at the speed that I knit, I have to start in July.

So I guess it goes without saying that now that Spring has Sprung it is time to get out those "summer items" from last year that never were finished - like that adorable pink baby blanket for the baby who is now walking (oops, sorry Catie). I guess somebody else better have a little girl soon, because now I am prepared!

Does anybody have good advice for motivating yourself to start a project early? Like with my infamous tree skirt, I am always thinking about 3 months behind. Thanks for your advice.

Until Next Time...
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment