Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mega-Weekend

This past week has been almost surreal for the Broke Knitter. While I know my 25 years on this Earth may not seem long to most people, this past week has aged me tremendously!

Last week Randy and I traveled up to Boston for what I have now titled "Mega-Weekend!" We celebrated my brother's undergraduate graduation on Thursday! When did my little brother grow up! I could not believe it. And then, to make me feel even older, my little sister took her SAT's on Saturday. Her SATs! She should still be playing with her Bitty Baby, not taking college admissions tests.

Lastly, I was honored to celebrate the wedding of my oldest and best friend, Catie, on Saturday. Being the Maid of Honor is quite a daunting task. While I ran around like a crazy person trying to keep Catie calm and myself from crying at every turn, I realized this was actually a really great test run for my own big day. I, unfortunately, learned how often little things run awry and how important it is to keep the bride calm. This is a warning to you all - Don't poke the bear!

Randy and I celebrate at Catie and Vinny's wedding Saturday, May 5, 2012
All in all, I had an amazing time celebrating such huge milestone moments this past weekend. And what could make it better other than to have my amazing soon-to-be husband by my side. Randy, you keep me calm and sane. I do not know what I would do without you. Being with Catie and Vinny all weekend has made me so much more excited for our wedding. I love you!

Unbelievably euphoric and yet a bit creeky in the old bones,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment