Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vogue Knitting Live Marketplace Letdown

As any of you who read this blog on a regular basis know, I am OBSESSED with the marketplace at Vogue Knitting Live. As it is the only conference I can afford to attend each year, it goes without saying that I go a little bananas.

However, I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I was looking at the marketplace hours for the upcoming VKL weekend in NYC. I was already a little peeved that classes are all day Friday through all day Sunday since Monday is a holiday, so this just really bugged me.

So early registration begins on Thursday night followed by a whole day's worth of classes available to take on Friday. However, the marketplace does not open until 5pm on Friday! And, it the opening reception starts at 6:30 with the marketplace closing at 8pm! I thought that in year's past the marketplace preview was the night before classes started and was not on the same night as one of the evening events. Am I correct in this memory?

Marketplace hours for Saturday at 10am-6:30pm, so if you have classes all day on Saturday, too bad for you. And then 10am-6pm on Sunday. Why are the marketplace hours so limited? I thought that the conference was moved to a new location so that we wouldn't have to deal with these kinds of limitations.

It really makes no sense to me. Isn't the point of this weekend to keep you in the conference center spending as much money as you possibly can? They are making that very hard for me and I am not happy about it!

Anyways, that is my rant this morning.

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment