Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vogue Knitting Live NYC 2013

I cannot believe it is almost that time again! Broke Knitter is getting hyped for Vogue Knitting Live NYC coming this January 2013! I have been knitting up a storm lately, trying to finish my Christmas gifts and also create a few new items to wear to knitting's biggest fashion weekend!

I am not sure how I feel about the new location in the heart of Times Square. I know, I sound like a crotchety old New Yorker, but I HATE having to be in Times Square, ESPECIALLY on a holiday weekend. Elbows up!

I am very excited for this year's classes and lectures. I feel as though I did not challenge myself enough last year, so I chose classes with new techniques and ideas for this year's conference. I signed up for:

Lectures:
  • Nicky Epstein On Designing
  • Manipulating Lace Patterns
  • It's Just Yarn, Ladies
Classes:
  • Beyond Entrelac
  • Two-Color Double Knitting
  • Icelandic Chevron Mitten
  • Ten Things Your Mother Never Taught You
Sorry for the dig on that last one there, Mama!

Anyways, Broke Knitter was so excited about VKL she was actually in one of the first 100 people to register for the conference! I am pretty proud of myself on that one. Who else has thoughts on the upcoming conference in July? Anyone super excited for Times Square?

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment