Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cowl is the New Pink

Living in NYC, especially during one of the coldest winters on record, I have become fascinated with people's "cold weather" garments and accessories. Whether it is hats, mittens, shawls, wraps, scarves, etc. You name it and I love it! I have become obsessed with trying to figure out if things are hand made or not while sitting on the subway or the bus. It is amazing to me how often I am seeing more hand made items. I think it is definitely a trend that is increasing.

One thing I have noticed above all else, is New Yorkers fascination with cowls. They really are the hippest thing to have this winter season. Now, trust me, I am by no means a fashion expert, but cowls are EVERYWHERE this winter. Maybe it's because this is my first winter commuting into the city by public transport, but I think that cowls are really on the rise.

Young and old, male and female, rich and poor. Everybody is wearing cowls. So, of course, this has prompted me to start a new bulky cowl of my own. Check out my Ravelry page (YoungPadawan) and check out the progress of my Baby Alpaca Chunky Cowl. It's a free pattern download! I link to it right on the project page.

Until Next Time..
Stay Warm
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment