Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coming Down From the Clouds

I apologize I have not been on here sooner to blog about Vogue Knitting Live New York City but I have just been so tired! The high from this three day event is amazing, but boy does it wear you out! Like the past two years, I am going to spend a few days debriefing you all on the conference and today I would like to talk about the venue: The Marriott Marquis in Times Square.

I had very mixed feelings about this year's venue. My favorite part of this was that all of the classrooms, and parties and celebrations took place inside the hotel. This was a vast improvement since last year's cocktail party was off-site and took forever to travel to via bus.  I enjoyed the classrooms more in this venue as well and I liked that the knitters had taken over! The knitters lounge area was nice and large, however the lighting was TERRIBLE.

I do have one major complaint about the new venue - the marketplace. It was WAY too narrow and way too crowded. I actually had to leave the marketplace twice because I was starting to have a panic attack I felt so claustrophobic. I know I am not the only person who felt this way and I am sure it negatively impacted the vendors sales throughout the weekend.

Who else had thoughts on the venue? Tomorrow I talk about my classes!

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment